International Women in Science Conference
German Research Foundation - DFG
The Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) is the central, self-governing research funding organisation that promotes research at universities and other publicly financed research institutions in Germany.
The DFG serves all branches of science and the humanities by funding research projects and facilitating cooperation among researchers. It devotes particular attention to the education and advancement of young researchers. It promotes equality between men and women in the scientific and academic communities.
The DFG recognizes gender equality as a cross-cutting goal and therefore analyses and implements strategies and activities to support its achievements.
- To create equal opportunities for all excellent researchers
- To implement gender mainstreaming, a process which takes into account the gender perspective during all planned policies or programmes
- To develop mechanisms to help researchers balance career and family.
Measures to promote Gender Equity
- Encourages and supports organisational changes that contribute to gender equality
- Encourages universities to develop offers for dual-career couples
- Recognizes family leave and offers part-time grants in all of its programmes
- Encourages universities to promote improvements in child care infrastructure.