1 May 2008 , 16.00 - 18.00
What about research?
University of Manchester
Entrance Hall, Sackville Street Building
What is it like doing research? Invited international speakers from research, engineering and science publishing will talk about their career paths and their experiences on working in different scientific areas.
There will be free "Strawberries and Cream" for everyone after the event and a chance to network.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Veronica Bermudez, Institute for Research and Development on Photovoltaic Energy, Chatou, France
- Dr. Stella Hurtley, Senior Editor of Science, www.sciencemag.org
- Dr. Carmen Niculae, Senior Safety Analyst, AMEC
- Prof. Adisa Azapagic, Sustainable Chemical Engineering, University of Manchester
- Dr. Brian Cox, High Energy Physics Group, University of Manchester
- Rebecca Robinson, PhD student, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Manchester
This conference is organised by SET-Routes and WiSET.